We hope your children are coming home excited and happy to share all the stories, crafts, and activities they are doing in MOPS Kids each meeting. Please feel free to follow along with the lessons!
2017/2018 Curriculum Schedule
September Parable of the Sower (Matthew 13:1-9, 18-23)
October The Unmerciful Servant (Matthew 18:21-35)
November 2nd The Good Samaritan (Luke 10: 25-37)
November 9th Thanksgiving (John 10:10)
November 16th Three Parables ( Luke 15)
December Story of Jesus’ Birth
January 4th The Pharisee and the Tax Collector (Luke 18:9-14)
January 11th Humble and Humility (Proverbs 16:18)
January 18th The Wicked Tenants (Matthew 21:33-45)
February 1st & 8th Jesus Turned Water to Wine ( John 2:1-12)
February 15th Jesus Provided Bread From Heaven (Matthew 14:13-21; Mark 6:30-44; John 6:1-14)
March 1st Jesus Walked on Water (Matthew 14:22-33)
March 8th & 15th Story of the Resurrection
April 5 Jesus the Healer/Four Friends Helped (Mark 2:1-12)
April 12th Friendship: What does it mean to be a good friend? (1 Samuel: 18:1-4, 19:1-7, 20: 12-42)
April 19th Jesus Has Power Over Evil (Mark 5:1-20)
May 3rd Jesus Healed a Woman and Raised a Girl ( Mark 5: 1-20)
May 10th Jesus Raised Lazarus (John 11: 1-7, 17-44)
JESUS THE STORYTELLER
Parable of the Sower
The Unmerciful Servant
The Good Samaritan
The Pharisee and the Tax Collector
The Wicked Tenants
Key Passage: Mark 6: 34
Key Point(s): Jesus taught about being humble. God will judge those who do not follow Jesus.
Jesus told parables to help people understand what the kingdom of heaven is like and what it looks like to live in God’s kingdom where Jesus reigns supreme. One day these stories will become our reality when Jesus returns and reverses the curse of sin.
What to learn:
1. Jesus saw all people and cared about them. He wanted to help them, so he taught them about God and God’s kingdom.
2. Jesus loves us and wants us to know what His Father is like.
3. We are sinners. We cannot understand what God and His Kingdom are like on our own. Jesus came to rescue us from sin and teach us what God is like.
4. Jesus loves people and wants them to know that His Father loves them too!
5. Jesus taught all kinds of people. He taught people who thought they were better than others. Jesus taught them because He loved them and He wanted them to know that they needed to be saved from sin just like everyone else.
JESUS THE MIRACLE WORKER
Jesus Turned Water to Wine
Jesus Provided Bread from Heaven
Jesus Walked on Water
Key Passage: John 20: 31
Key Point(s): Jesus creates miracles and heals.
Jesus’ miracles were part of His purpose in bringing glory to the Father. His miracles proved that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God. They strengthened people’s faith and met people’s needs. Through Jesus, God did what is impossible for us to do on our own. He provided forgiveness, salvation, and eternal life.
What to learn:
1. The key passage tells why John wrote down the things Jesus did while He was on Earth. John wrote so that everyone who hears these stories will believe that Jesus is the Messiah, God’s Son-the One God promised to send to rescue people from sin.
2. When we put our trust in Jesus, we can have life forever with God.
UNIT 24: JESUS THE HEALER
Four Friends Helped
Jesus Has Power Over Evil
Jesus Healed a Woman and Raised a Girl
Jesus Raised Lazarus
Key Passage: Psalm 103: 2-3
Key Point(s): Jesus heals.
In the Old Testament, God described Himself as the Lord who heals. In His mercy, God gave the prophets Elijah and Elisha power to heal diseases and raise the dead. Jesus, as the only Son of God, is greater than the prophets. Jesus not only healed the sick and raised the dead. He also defeated sin and death once and for all when He died on the cross and rose again. Jesus will return one day and eliminate sickness and suffering forever.
What to learn:
1. Praise God because He is able to forgive all our sin and heal all our sicknesses.
2. Praise the Lord, My soul. The passage from Mark 5: 1-20 give us many reasons why we should Praise Our Lord. He is able to forgive our sin and heal all our diseases.
3. God sent Jesus to forgive our sin. When Jesus comes back to Earth sickness and sin will go away forever!
4. When we trust in Jesus he can heal us and forgive all our sins.